Niyogi Books accepts unsolicited manuscripts in the English language.
How to submit your book?
We accept manuscripts that have a strong connection to India and the subcontinent with potential global appeal. The categories we accept are listed below, but come with something innovative, and we are happy to explore!
Books across a wide range of subjects including visual & performing arts, architecture, culture, history, heritage, biographies, as well as well-researched monographs on social science, popular culture and such other topics.
Self help, biographies & memoirs, business & management, economics, literary essays, cultural studies, health & fitness, history, food, wildlife & nature, politics & government etc.
Children & YA
Picture books and middle-grade fiction & nonfiction on adventure, humour, environment, mythology and science.
Literary fiction, Historical Fiction, Science Fiction, Crime Thrillers and Humour.
Fiction, non-fiction and illustrated titles from Indian and foreign languages.
Guidelines for submissions
Please follow the following guideline while submitting a book proposal:
- A short synopsis of the book, describing the project, its key arguments and its uniqueness (maximum 750 words). Please do not submit full manuscripts until invited to do so.
- For illustrated books, please include samples of photographs or paintings that would be used in the book
- In the case of non-fiction, provide a chapter outline with details of individual chapters and the broader context in which the book is placed.
- For fiction, trace the broad storyline.
- For Children Books, submit a concept note and sample illustrations (for illustrators) for picture books. For projects for older children – such as chapter books or YA novels – trace the broad storyline.
- Two to three sample chapters for all formats of books.
- The target readership and the market potential of your book. A list of similar or competing books along with their publication details. Discuss how your book compares with these titles.
- Author CV, including published and forthcoming works, if any, with details relevant to your growth as a writer.
The editorial department will contact you within 90 days of receiving the proposal, if found suitable. In case no communication is received, the author may assume that the proposal does not fit our current list. No letter will be sent out in these cases.